Saturday, November 29, 2008

What is wrong with people?

I will be the first to admit I love shopping and I love a good deal, actually I search until I find one, Doug tells me he loves that about me, because I research online and any ads before I buy something. But there is a problem when people have no respect for those around them. I couldn't believe what I read yesterday about a worker at Wal-Mart in New York getting ran over by all these customers. If you haven't heard about it or read it the link is below:

Police Eye Shoppers in Trampling Death

On another story it talks about to men shooting each other because the women they were with got into a fight with each other in a Toys 'R' Us store in California. Why did these men have guns? And aren't we supposed to be adults? Now these men are not going to be around to celebrate the holidays with their families. Over what? Probably a cat fight over a simple little toy you can pick up anywhere. Sometimes the stupidity of people can really amaze you. The link to this story is below:
Two Dead in Shooting at Toys 'R' Us

I worry sometimes about the world my children are growing up in. But we can't always shelter them all of the time. If we did that they would never want to grow up and go out on their own. As a parent these things really worry you because you start to think how can I do better or show them this is not the way to act? Yes, we have the Lord to guide us in all that we do and this is how we show our children what is right and wrong. Our job is to raise them to the best of our ability and then let them choose their own path in life. Nobody every said it was going to be easy especially with the way people are acting today.

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

craziness, pure craziness. And to think no one even stopped. I can't imagine.