Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a Veteran


Today is Veteran's Day and it should be celebrated by all. I know there are people out there that protest and do not agree with the war going on right now and those that have occurred in the past, but the men and women that sign up to defend and fight for their/our country deserve respect. I also know there are Veteran's out there who speak out against the wars and I can see their point of view as well. But today is a day to Honor our servicemen and women who have served their country with pride and the many who gave their live for our freedom. I truly appreciate their sacrifice and see their service as an honor and privilege that I am living in a country where we appreciate our freedom and are able to experience a life without boundaries. I am proud to say that my Papa served in the Army and Doug's grandad served in the Navy during World War II and we are very proud of their service, (may they both rest in peace). This Veteran's Day is very special because my brother has been back from the war in Iraq for three weeks, he serves with the Oklahoma Army National Guard. I am proud of him for serving his country and thankful that he came back from his year long deployment safe. The boys and I were able to stop and see part of the Veteran's Day parade on the way home from preschool this morning and we very much enjoyed it. So next time you see a veteran please thank them for their service and let them know how much you appreciate them serving our country and defending our freedom.

No comments: