Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thinking about entering a 5k

I have been wanting to run a 5k or at least try it since about April. I run on my treadmill, yes I know not the same, but when you live in the country, I tend to get deathly scared of snakes and there is no shortage out here, that is about the extent of my running unless I go up to the high school track. I was going to ask Doug's cousin to run one with me, her boys are almost 3(October) and 17 months, but she can't now because baby number three is on the way and due to arrive late February/early March. I thought about doing Susan G. Komen Race for the cure in September, which could be fun. There is also the Tulsa Run but it is the day before my birthday and I at least want to make it to my 29th b-day (ha ha). But for now I may just stick to my trusty treadmill and start hitting the track, as the weather starts to cool off. All I need to do is strap on my ipod and let the boys run free on the field.

No comments: