Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My boys are definitely spoiled...

Eli had to go for his well child check up this morning, which went great until the dreaded shots arrived. I have a little guy as everyone knows, he weighs 27 lbs and he takes so much after Doug it is unreal. Who would of thought when he was such a big baby but so was Doug. His pediatrician said right now 9 out of 10 boys his age would be bigger than him but you figure in his genetics and he is perfect. Poor guy also had an ear infection a few weeks ago and it was all gone but these darn allergies have his lymph nodes swollen which is something we are always going to have to contend with. But the doctor did have to clear out his ear and I am telling you I have never seem so much ear wax in my life. His doc said between the medicine working and the drainage from the knot that was in there it built up, gross, he never complained and I never did see anything other than occasional drainage. After the doctor left in came the nurse with not one like I thought but two, MMR and varicella (chicken pox). Unfortunately, I have the lovely task of holding his arms and trying to keep him calm while she gives the shots in the thigh. The poor boy screamed so loud and this was before she did anything, suddenly she was done and he didn't even feel a thing, all the while Nic is watching this unfold and starting to look worried for his bubba. I am not a big fan of needles but after two pregnancies they really don't phase me as much anymore. After this I figure I will run down to Wal-mart to grab Doug a few things before he goes out of town. He asks me to go ahead and grab the boys a toy each, hence the spoiled title, I am not denying it they are definitely spoiled. We always grab something little when we are out, those boys have so much stuff it is unreal. We need to weed through everything and donate it, I swear I am always going through their things it is like a never ending pile. Eventually they won't be interested in these things anymore and on to something new for mom and dad to get.

No comments: