Friday, October 24, 2008

I Love This Time of Year

This has to be my favorite time of year, maybe I am a little biased being that this is the season that the boys and I celebrate our birthday's. I love when the weather is perfect, not too hot and definitely not too cold. The leaves are changing colors and falling, pumpkins everywhere and it is just down right beautiful. But this is also the time of year I really love to cook, who knows maybe it is the comfort food, actually it is the wonderful food! I will have to set up a way to share my many different recipes so that everyone else can try them, some can be a little time consuming but well worth the effort once you taste the finished product. I asked Eli a little while ago what he wanted for dinner, I gave him two choices, manicotti or mommy's potato soup. His exact words, "I want your potato soup it makes me feel better." Now if that won't melt your heart I don't know what will. While reading the different headlines on AOL I found out last week Linen and Things was going out of business and lucky me there is one in Owasso, will be stocking up on quite a few things and maybe get Christmas gifts out of the way. I need a new crock pot, mine was broken last winter when Mr. Nic decided to pull it out of the cabinet. I make a great vegetable stew, without meat, but I am sure you can add whatever you like. Right now I have an apple/cherry pie in the oven and will make another regular apple afterwards, I was asked by the president of the UMW, United Methodist Women, if I could make a couple of pies for the chili and pie sale tomorrow at the pumpkin patch. Of course I will also make a cherry pie, just for all three of my boys, what better to have for dessert after a warm bowl of potato soup. Starting in a couple of weeks I will break out the pumpkin pies, pumpkin roll (if you like pumpkin you will love this, pecan pies and cheese logs. There is one thing I do not do and that is Turkey (definitely gross, that is someone else's job). I will start working on my list when I have a free moment and link it so that everyone can try them and see what they think. I better get back to the kitchen, I need to get the next pie in the oven.


No comments: