Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Today's happenings, so far anyway

The day starts good, but a little cold I must say. Eli and I leave to take him to school, Nic still asleep and Doug most likely going back to sleep also. But before we get in the car I noticed our huge trash can knocked over and our trash all over the street. I remembered waking up in the middle of the night and thought I heard something funny(Doug goes and picks it up after I get home and before trash is picked up). My neighbor called this afternoon to tell me her husband ran off a big white German Shepard we he got home last night, I don't know how a dog could have knocked it over but it could be possible. My theory is the newspaper delivery person backed over it or hit it when they pull into our driveway to turn around, I know they deliver anywhere between 2 and 4 o'clock in the morning. Guess we will never know.

I ordered Eli's party supplies today, according to their website they ship out the same day if you order by 3 central time and you should have it anywhere between 1 and 3 business days. Sounds like a plan to me and shipping was free if you order over $55. We were going to paint his room but found these backdrop banners 8' X 23'(kind of like those fat head deals that stick to the wall and can be moved). That way once he is over the whole Disney Cars we can peal it away and decorate how he wants. Definitely a better plan than painting and buying all of the decorations he will outgrow within a few years. I will try to post his invitation later so everyone can see how it turned out.

It is hard to believe it is already September and that means time for the fair, which starts on Eli's birthday this year. We love going at least once but try to go twice each year, Eli might actually be able to ride some rides this year. This time of year seems to fly by so fast, in a few weeks is Nic's birthday and mine is the following week and before long Christmas and our anniversary. We have a lot going on in the next few months good thing I have calendars and my phone otherwise nothing would be remembered, the whole mommy brain gets in the way sometimes and things will slip right out of your mind. Better get back to the laundry is sure won't put itself away.

Elijah's funny quote of the day, "I don't like them, they are not delicious." His response to my question of why he didn't eat his Spider man gummies.

No comments: