Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New mommy friendship?

We received our first RSVP today from one of Eli's classmates, yeah! I hope more are able to come, we scheduled the party for dinner time on next Friday night, yes I know what was I thinking! Doug and I are feeding everyone pizza so hope they enjoy. Anyway, I talked to this little boy's mom for 45 minutes and we have never even met before. That's right our children are in the same class two days a week and we don't know each other. Matter of fact I don't think any of the parents really talk to one another, they mainly drop their children off from their cars and leave, I take Eli into his classroom, but I am quite protective of my boys (not quite sure if that is good or bad yet, hopefully good). But let me tell you I had a ball talking to her, we talked about a lot of things and guess what she likes to run, so maybe her and I can go running while the boys are in school. I don't really have any close mom friends, I guess you would call them acquaintances with children the same age but none that I would confide in and just open up to. But we really have never had the chance with kids running around and every one going different directions and living in different towns. I hope we get to know each other more and obviously the boys would have fun playing together. You never know until you try, guess we will have to wait and see what happens. Until my next post....

No comments: