Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

I forgot to share a recipe last week but I am on top of it today. So here it goes. I have only made this ham once and we loved it. Now I take the easy route and go get it from the Hamlet. I know I know but it is one less thing for me to worry about on Christmas Day. So I hope you try it over the holidays and you enjoy it.

Pineapple-Glazed Ham

Prep: 20 min. Chill: 8 hours Bake: 2 hours

1 (10lb.) smoked ham
3 Tbsp. whole cloves
1 (20oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups pineapple juice
1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 cup bourbon (that's right alcohol)
1/2 tsp. salt

Remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score ham in a diamond design and insert cloves at 1 inch intervals. Place ham in and aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Stir together pineapple and the next 4 ingredients; pour over ham. Cover and chill 8 hours.

Bake ham at 350 for 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes.

This recipe is very simple and delicious and feeds a ton of people. I put the ham in the refrigerator over-night but this all depends on when you will be eating dinner. Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

6 Happy Hearts said...

We made this one Thanksgiving!
It is Yummy & beautiful w/the glaze & cloves : )