Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

With Thanksgiving over and Christmas right around the corner I figured I would share a recipe for a wonderful meatloaf. If you are tired of leftovers, which I am, then this is a good change of pace and I hope you bring your appetite because it is a whopper, enough to feed a big family or have plenty for leftovers.

Easy Pleasing Meatloaf

Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour

2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
1 cup water
1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce, divided

1. Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly with a fork. This makes it easy to incorporate them into the meat mixture, so you won't have to over mix.

2. Place lean ground beef, stuffing mix, water, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in large bowl.

3. Mix all ingredients with spoon just until blended.

4. Shape meat mixture into an oval loaf in a 13x9 inch baking pan.

5. Top meatloaf with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.

6. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through when center has reach 160 degrees.

It is supposed to make eight servings but I feel like it makes more than that or maybe I don't cut the pieces very big. My boys love it and they are very picky eaters, hope you enjoy.



5 comments:

Melinda said...

It sounds soooo good. It's really too bad my husband dislikes meatloaf because I LOVE it!

megan k said...

I bet this is really tasty... The only problem? I won't eat any type of meat that is mis-shapen; ie loaf, roll, ball. I only eat it flat and our ground. :)

Our Peculiar Life said...

oh that sounds delicious! We will have to try it.

6HappyHearts said...

We LOVE this recipe! Do you receive Kraft's cooking magazine or kraftfood.com? In the Oct edition they have this recipe & suggest making lil' meatloves in a cupcake pan. My family thinks they are great! They also have an Italian way to make them...yummy!

Daniele said...

I love the magazine and I go onto the website all of the time to find something new, the boys are so picky. You kind of get tired of pasta all the time.