Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

With Thanksgiving over and Christmas right around the corner I figured I would share a recipe for a wonderful meatloaf. If you are tired of leftovers, which I am, then this is a good change of pace and I hope you bring your appetite because it is a whopper, enough to feed a big family or have plenty for leftovers.

Easy Pleasing Meatloaf

Prep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour

2 eggs, beaten
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
1 cup water
1/2 cup Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce, divided

1. Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly with a fork. This makes it easy to incorporate them into the meat mixture, so you won't have to over mix.

2. Place lean ground beef, stuffing mix, water, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in large bowl.

3. Mix all ingredients with spoon just until blended.

4. Shape meat mixture into an oval loaf in a 13x9 inch baking pan.

5. Top meatloaf with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.

6. Bake 1 hour or until cooked through when center has reach 160 degrees.

It is supposed to make eight servings but I feel like it makes more than that or maybe I don't cut the pieces very big. My boys love it and they are very picky eaters, hope you enjoy.



5 comments:

Melinda said...

It sounds soooo good. It's really too bad my husband dislikes meatloaf because I LOVE it!

megan k said...

I bet this is really tasty... The only problem? I won't eat any type of meat that is mis-shapen; ie loaf, roll, ball. I only eat it flat and our ground. :)

Peculiar Blogs said...

oh that sounds delicious! We will have to try it.

6 Happy Hearts said...

We LOVE this recipe! Do you receive Kraft's cooking magazine or kraftfood.com? In the Oct edition they have this recipe & suggest making lil' meatloves in a cupcake pan. My family thinks they are great! They also have an Italian way to make them...yummy!

Daniele said...

I love the magazine and I go onto the website all of the time to find something new, the boys are so picky. You kind of get tired of pasta all the time.