Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nine Years Ago Today...

Nine years ago today, my wonderful husband ask me to marry him. It doesn't seem like it has been nine years and at the end of December we will be celebrating our ninth anniversary. Matter of fact, Doug is quite sneaky, he told me we were going to watch fireworks, knowing that I love watching them. He took me to the Rose Garden at Woodward Park in Tulsa and we were setting, talking and enjoying our time together. And the next minute, he was asking me to marry him. He jokes that I never said yes. Well obviously I did, because the next six months were a whirlwind of planning, ordering and preparing. We paid for every aspect of the wedding, not an easy task but we did it and I would do it all over in a heartbeat. Now, after almost 8 1/2 years of marriage it keeps getting better and better and I look forward to many more. Sweetheart, thank you so much for all of the joy have brought into my life and I can't wait to see what our future holds.

1 comment:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

I love hearing stories of proposals. You never said yes? That's pretty funny!

Congrats!