Monday, June 1, 2009

Journey of Life

Life's journey.. Where will it take you? Where have you been and where did you come from? All poignant questions in this journey we call life. Life is all about making choices, the way you choice to live, worship and how you proceed down the road. But what does it really mean? When you reflect on your life there are probably things you want to get rid of and others you wish you had experienced more of. I would love to pick and choice my journey but it is not up to me, my journey has been planned and there is only one person who knows where I am going. Do you put up a fight? You could, but would that really get you any further in life than sitting there kicking and screaming about missing out? I wish I could go back in my journey and toss out the bad and replace them with good but I have to accept that for some reason my journey is for a purpose and all will be revealed once the time comes. My journey and that of my family is on a path to someplace we know is good and we feel led to follow it. Questions, doubt, anxiety and peace all cross your mind but in your heart you know this is the right decision of you and your family. After church yesterday, Doug said to me, if that sermon wasn't talking directly to us then I don't know what is? There are Sunday's that I hear and understand the sermon and then there are those that hit right to your heart and are being directed right to you. What do you do with that? Follow, you better believe it. Whether it is something small, as volunteering or a life changing big move, follow and trust in the Lord as your guide. There is a reason for this journey and you will know what to do once you get there that is the reason they call it a journey in the first place.

Yesterday was the day of Pentecost or as many say the Birthday of the Church as read in Acts 2. There is something awe inspiring about reading Acts and how the apostles were speaking in tongue. I am a visual person and as I am reading and listening to the scripture being read I could picture Peter standing in front of the crowd delivering his message. As you go on to finish the chapter, I can also picture Peter giving the conclusion of what the people have done to Jesus and how the people ask what they can do to make it right. It is awe inspiring to read that three thousand people that very day repented and were baptized in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins.

It does my heart good to know that our children are learning by example. If we give them their dinner and we haven't sit down yet with ours, they say prayer and grab each other's hand and wait for us to sit down and pray before they start eating. Yesterday after church, Eli said prayer in the car and he and Nic grab hands and Eli started saying a prayer in the back seat. I am not sure what he was saying but it made us smile to know that the Lord is in their lives and leading them, along with guidance from us to be little men of GOD.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

What a great post! And I am soooo with you on seeing your little guys pray. Jack volunteers ALL OF THE TIME to say the prayer whether we are at home or out in public with strangers and I really don't think there is a time I am more happy or proud of him then I am at those times.

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

I know just what you mean when you say it sounds like it was written just for you. I've had those days and I just sit there and feel awe-struck.

And I love what you said about how your boys will say grace before eating, even if the two of you are not sitting yet...my kids do the same thing. I hadn't paid much attention to it until you remarked on it. Thanks!

Debbie said...

That is so great. You are doing a wonderful job teaching them.