Friday, January 23, 2009

Bye Bye Crib...Hello Big Boy Bed!

Little man has been climbing out of his crib for a few months and finally last night we decided to put together Eli's old toddler bed and take down the crib (who now has a Cars wooden bed). I swear I started to get all teary eyed as we carried it out of his room. This is the first time we haven't had a crib up in 4 1/2 years. We moved Eli into the toddler bed a few months before Nic was born so we could use the crib. Horrible right? He actually didn't seem to mind that much. So last night we figured it was high time to get the toddler bed out so little man doesn't get caught and possibly break his neck getting out of bed. He did surprisingly well, only got up a couple of times after being put to bed. They grow up so fast and before you know it they will be teenagers. I am not going to get all sad on you because hopefully we will be using that crib one more time, in the future. Oh yeah, I will be doing a give away in the near future. This mommy is starting her own business at home and loving it. I will let you know more details soon, I am still working out a few things to get it organized. So wish me luck and I know all of you will love it too!!!

5 comments:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

I know that feeling. I have a crib up again, and I guess we'll have it for another year or so. But then we'll take it down, for the last time, and I know I will "have a moment" when it happens. It's hard to see all that babyhood fade so fast.

Good luck with the business!

6 Happy Hearts said...

I think I am keeping littlest J in her crib because we have not been without a crib in SEVEN years??!!
She has been getting in & out of her crib for quite some time. ((sigh))
It's soo hard to say goodbye to baby time :(

Emily said...

Ooooo....I look forward to hearing about your business! I love mommy businesses.

megan k said...

LUCK!!

Alicia said...

I haven't been able to check blogs in a while. I am glad he moved successfully out of his crib. That is a great thing. Glad you guys are doing well.