Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lackadaisical Blogging

My lack of blogging the last few months, isn't because I do not have anything to say. Matter of fact I have a lot to say, I just was not sure how to put them into words and it has been, to say the least, an emotional roller coaster of sorts. The last four and a half months have been busy and worrisome for us. We were told Doug had the one thing you do not ever want to hear. Then we have to wait on our insurance and the doctor to call back with an appointment set up for follow-up for everything, after a week we call back and find out the doctor is no longer there and everything was up in the air. He is then transferred to the partner, who has a major patient overload now because of everything that happened. A biopsy is scheduled and comes back negative, which we are so thankful for. In the mean time we are stressed about everything, so we focus on the boys and plan their birthday parties, soccer games on Saturdays and the fair. Right after Eli's birthday at the end of September I was baptized at the lake, Doug had his biopsy the next day. Then a couple of weeks later I realize that I am pregnant. That undeniable feeling you get and low and behold the lovely nauseousness presents itself. I begin to not feel well a few days later and realize that we were having a miscarriage. A huge emotional blow because we had been waiting for so long. The next day Doug gets the flu then Eli gets sick and we have to postpone Nic's party with all of this happening in one week. We reschedule Nic's party for the following week and then my 30th birthday follows a few days later. In the meantime Doug is going to the doctor to try and find out what is going on, it seems that no one can figure it out. He is stressed out about work because he is so sick and they were hassling him because of it. Even though we are both emotional wrecks with everything going on we push forward for us and our family knowing things will eventually be okay. We have prayed a lot, had a wonderful time with the boys during Thanksgiving and Christmas and celebrated our 9th anniversary at the end of December. Doug is working for a different company and loves being able to focus more on his customers and not how many prescriptions they can get through in one day. He has seen another doctor who sent off a ton of blood work and we are awaiting all of those results. But as of late, you can see a difference in him, his appetite is back and he isn't as stressed out and sick. We are hoping for good news to come and have gotten back to the basics of God, Prayer and Focusing of our Family.

6 comments:

Kahri said...

Daniele,
oh sweetie I am so sorry to hear all of this. My heart breaks for you. I will be praying for the results of the test and for him to keep feeling better. If you ever need specific prayer, email me and I will be on my knees for you!!

Jill of All Trades said...

My oh my. I hope the results are good. Take care and know that tons of good vibes and thoughts are streaming your way.

megan k said...

Girl, so sorry to hear about your pregnancy. Makes my heart hurt. We are praying for you guys.

GammySel said...

I am so sorry for your loss.. I am happy to hear that you beloved is doing better. May our Lord Jesus continue to strengthen you both.
Angie

Kahri said...

Just wondering how you are doing....

Unknown said...

stopping by to check on you all and see how things are going...missing you,your blog and an update...